« Home | Remember Oshin? » | F#&k!ng Bastard! » | Sunday Wooden Pegs » | Team Malaysia Lost But They Won Our Hearts. » | Memory Lapse » | Don To Earth » | Selling Myself on eBay » | We Will Defeat Singapore » | Spending RM50 In 8 Days » | A Smack On The Head »

My Grandpa

I got a call last night. It’s been an awful start for this year and it’s just the beginning. My mother is with grandpa right now (her father). It seems that he is not been in his best health lately. I don’t know yet how bad the condition is, but I pray that he will recover soon. I feel bad because last December when I was back in Sabah, my mother ask me to visit grandpa. I didn’t and I feel guilty now for letting my grandpa down.

I guess when I get old I’ll know how it feels like being alone. My grandpa is the only remaining grandparents I have. He is very old but he was still in good shape the last time I saw him (May 2006). Just can’t believe how time can take so much out of a person…

I’m not that very close to my grandpa but I remembered him well for his dreaded coconut husk bed. I remembered being offered by my grandpa to sleep on his bed. It was hard, itchy and it got bed bugs. It was so uncomfortable that I remember waking up with my mouth full of coconut husk. For an old man like my grandpa, a coconut husk bed is comfortable as sleeping on a pile of feathers.

It was somewhat funny when my grandpa first got hold of a new bed mattress. My late grandmother used to tell me that my grandpa will put some coconut husk under his pillow to make him sleep. I think it was the smell of coconut that made him sleep…I think…

I’ll try to call my mother tonight to see how my grandpa is doing. I hope he’s ok.

PS: I remember my grandpa asking me when I am getting married…

Labels:

pray that yr grandpa recovers soon too.

angel
~ thank you...i called up my mother last night and she told me that grandpa is eating already...i hope he gets well soon...

Post a Comment