« Home | Spending RM50 In 8 Days » | A Smack On The Head » | Sloppy Sunday » | GSC QueensBay » | I HateTelemarketers » | GSC QueensBay Mall » | Direct Flights » | A Game Of "Biji" » | My Little Sister » | A Little Miracle »

We Will Defeat Singapore


It wasn’t pretty but we did manage to get a draw with Singapore last night. It felt ecstatic isn’t it when Mohd Hardi Jaafar scored for Malaysia (57) against Singapore despite the fact that it was a boring game. But then again it was prophecies that Singapore, with their import footies would make and easy meat out of us. I’m glad that Malaysia didn’t win last night… but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want them to win the tournament. To understand why I don’t want them to win last night, we have to look back into history.

Do you remember when Malaysia was in the semifinals against Indonesia for the 2004 Tiger Cup? Remember that we defeated Indonesia (1-2) on their own turf. Remember that the Indonesian hammered us (1-4) on the return leg on our own soil. I would never forget the time when we were leading (1-0) in the first half. I told myself that Malaysia would go to the final for sure…and then…4 late goals from the Indonesian sank my pride along with all the Malaysian die hard fans that night. Even the VIP was disgusted with the result…over confident and overrated…

So after 2 years we are at the same place again. This time, I hope…with the draw against Singapore, our players would stay sharp and focused...even more. It wouldn’t be possible if we were the first to take the all new cup back home…Isn’t it…

PS: We fans never forgot about our national team…no matter what, we still support them…It’s their job to pay back our trust…don’t fail us like last time…we won’t forget…

Labels: