« Home | Remember The Two » | Just Another Sunday » | Bloggers We Are » | Aping Cartoons » | Friday Lunch » | Another Thursday » | My Grandpa » | Remember Oshin? » | F#&k!ng Bastard! » | Sunday Wooden Pegs »

Discipline And Fear

It's a normal thing to get a spank from my teacher if I can't do my math in primary school. It's even normal to for me see friends getting paraded from class to class carrying banner with them sayings “I won't sneak to the girls toilet again”. Those were the days when punishment was still relevant and the students were somehow…use to it.

I was brought up in an environment based on discipline and fear. It was not bad actually; at least I know there are boundaries that aren't supposed to be broken by student…and at least I know that bullies will think twice before flushing my head inside the toilet bowl for fun…I was studying in a boarding school and you know how bad it is over there.

When you look at kids nowadays you begin to wonder. With less punishment and less spanking, will they appreciate the things that they have now?

Labels: