« Home | A Game Of Balls. » | It's Your Birthday Ape! »

Do You Have A Scar?

It was 7.30pm and it was already dark. I was then 12 years old and at that tender age I was already acting like an ape (we ape start young). Making my way from the paddy field (sawah padi) slowly, I was able to take a glance at my brother in front of me. We both just finish helping our parent harvesting that day. Felt tired and I thought my brother was to. At least I thought so, but no...

Having the same genes as I am, he was far from being tired. All these years I thought he was just a rascal. He likes follow me everyway. And for that, I under estimated him. Little that I know he was planning something for me.

I have this secret that I never told anyone… I hate snakes. Once I step on a black cobra on my way to the paddy field, and it chased me. I was traumatized that I boycott the paddy field for a while. I never told my father about it and I had to make up stories so I wouldn’t wind up back in the paddy field. It would be weeks when I finally gathered my confidence to go back again.

Some how my little brother got hold of my secret. He knows that I was such a sissy when it comes to snakes. So that evening he tested me…yes me the ape. Half way from the paddy field he ran off just like that. He left me while I was admiring some bugs. When I realized, it was too late. The last thing I remembered was hearing the word snakes being shouted. I was so damm scared that I past out after I had run over the fenced while running for my life.

I woke up an hour later at my home bleeding. My father had carried me back and said that the barb wire had pierced my leg and stomach. It wasn’t that bad (I was running the next day). The incident left me with a scar and my brother was condemn to kingdom hell… I wished. He had a few spanking and it was all over.

It’s still there…the scar. Do you have a scar? I’m glad that I have one : ) brings back the nostalgia. Bad and good ones…

By the way…my little brother (the rascal) is now doing his bachelor degree in medicine…turn out he wasn’t an ape at all.

PS: Nope, I haven’t run of to the jungle yet : )

Labels:

haha - can i share one with you? when i was kid, bout 10 or 11 - whenever it was the holidays, iiwill be sent back to my dads hometown, my llte grandfathers place to be exact. With rivers, trees, orchards and stuff like that. We were actually made to work there during the holis ...

So one day we were sent into the "jungle" - into the cocoa plantations ... my cousins - they spoke of these shortcuts, normally if we take the normal route its like 15 minutes or, with a river to cross and all ... so she spoke going through some other people's plantations so we can get to ours quicker ... we were walking happily, when we climbed this slope, and to surprise us on top of the slope - was a cobra ...with its head flat out and the loud hisses ...the path we took was a one man path with grasses by the side, we scrammbled all over the place ... dropping our gears and all i jumped off the slope and went sliding down some grass with thorns

we ran all the way back ... only to get home to get one hell of a screwing from my late grandfather ... he said we had the long "jolok" thing, parangs, we could have easily chopped the cobra into pieces ... yeah rie tell that to some kids from the city ...

haha definitely a great experience ...

Great one earl_ku...nice to hear that some of us here still remember the old days. Things were much simpler then...No PS 2 and Astro. I doubt you can chop any cobra with one strike. Anyway you did the right thing by running away like a sissy... It wouldn't do any good if you chop the poor fella (I still hate snakes ok) for taking a stroll in his own backyard...

Post a Comment